OT: International dialup via AOL? Earthlink?

Charles Shere charlesshere at earthlink.net
Sun May 18 20:56:09 PDT 2003

International travel is why I stay with Earthlink. I've had almost no
trouble connecting via local phone calls in Holland, England, France,
Italy, and Spain, whether using my Mac or my Visor. There is a
surcharge, but it's minor.

But it depends on where you're going. In Holland, for example, public
libraries in even quite small towns have public web-connected
computers, which will let you get webmail. That's even cheaper, and you
don't have to haul your computer around.

I'm looking forward to the next trip, because now I have AirPort, and
I'll be looking for hotspots.

--
Charles Shere
http://www.shere.org