OT: CorelDraw 11 file won't open

Chris Parker chris at hang-out.co.uk
Mon May 19 03:01:14 PDT 2003

[I'm asking my question here because I'm unable to receive the Corel
newsgroups - if anyone can suggest a way of accessing them I'd be
grateful]

Last year I created a floorplan of our house in CorelDraw 11. The file
is dated Oct 02 so I guess I would have been using 10.2.3 or 10.2.4.
I'm pretty sure the first service pack had been applied to
CorelGraphics 11.

The file now won't open (Mac OS X 10.2.6), giving an error "invalid
fill ID". I've tried opening it and backups on two OS X machines, I've
reinistalled CG11 and reapplied the service pack, and repaired
permissions on the relevant drive. No change, the file won't open and
trying to force it to open anyway causes CD11 to crash (Console:
EXC_BAD_ACCESS/KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE).

Can anybody point me towards a solution? My ISP doesn't list the Corel
newsgroups which is where I'd expect to find an answer. I put quite a
lot of work into this file so I'd like to be able to recover it
somehow. It's 76kb long if anyone else would like to try.

Thanks in advance,

--
Chris

--