[Ti] Videoconferencing

Jesse Brown jesse.brown at mac.com
Mon May 19 10:45:20 PDT 2003

On 5/19/03 13:38, "Michael Bigley" <wakinyan at fuse.net> wrote:

> Someone was asking about video conferencing software on this list;
> this following just came up on my version tracker email:
>
> SquidCam 1.5b48 (Beta - 05/18/2003)
> video conferencing, net phone & chat application
> <http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/mac/15974>
>
> I have no idea of quality, etc., but it seems to be about the only
> thing out their for OSX.
>
> However, this also came across the Apple Developer's list:
>
> [13]  WebEx for Mac OS X
>
> WebEx Meeting Center 5.0 lets you collaborate using application and
> web browser sharing, chat, teleconferencing and live video.  This
> release takes full advantage of the Mac OS X platform providing
> increased reliability and a great look with the use of the new Aqua
> standard. Visit the WebEx booth at the WWDC 2003 to see a demo of
> WebEx for Mac OS X.
> <http://www.webex.com/services_macosx.html>

Wave3Software.com makes a videoconferencing product that works well over the
internet surprisingly enough - I've conferenced with it to San Diego and
also to Ireland. It may be a bit pricey for personal use but they may have a
lite version. It has an OSX client.

I used to work for them in their previous incarnation as TeraGlobal but have
been gone for 3 years now.
--
Jesse

"If it be the chief point of friendship to comply with a friends motions and
inclinations, the dog possesses this in eminent degree: he lies down when I
sit and walks when I walk, which is more than many good friends can pretend
to do." -A. Pope