[Ti] Dual monitor crash on PB667

Kynan Shook kshook at mac.com
Mon May 19 17:37:40 PDT 2003

When running dual displays with a 16 MB video card, there isn't enough
VRAM to support Quartz Extreme; you're running plain Quartz.  Since
it's always on the external monitor, you might want to try running the
Apple Hardware Test CD that came with your computer.  You might also
try an archive and install of OS X 10.2 (or later).

Wayne Swingle <swingle at ca.inter.net> writes:
> I am experiencing system lockups since upgrading to OS 10.25 and 10.26
> on PB 667, when using an external display as well as the built-in LCD.
> When resizing, moving, or minimizing a window on the external VGA
> monitor, the system will completely freeze forcing a hard restart. Any
> insight? Are the graphics enhancements in quartz extreme overtaxing the
> built-in 16 meg Radeon Mobility?

Kynan Shook
kshook at mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/kshook/index.html