[Ti] Airport alternative?

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Wed May 21 06:52:56 PDT 2003

>It works. I even used a Belkin wireless station. Works fine, the
>signal meter works in my TiBook.

I do not like Belkin products; their Mac support is minimal at best.
They told me for months that they were "working" on an OSX driver for
their serial-to-USB PDA connector, then said they weren't going to
support OSX. So don't believe what they say, look at what they do and
accept that as their future direction as well. Their products don't
seem to be very well made either.

I recently purchased a D-Link model 614+ for $80 at MicroCenter. My
living room is an 1850's era log cabin with the rest of the house
being built around it. I never saw more than 2 bars with the Airport,
but full strength signal with the D-Link -- I think largely due to
the 2 external antennae it sports. It also has a 4-port router built
in. I bought this to bridge the between two buildings with the
Airport, but found

BTW, I am selling my Graphite Airport for $75, if anyone is
interested before I put it on eBay.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com