[Ti] iPod copy on Big Al

A.J.Bos Arjan.Bos at icu.nl
Wed May 21 12:13:48 PDT 2003

On woensdag, mei 21, 2003, at 18:49 Europe/Amsterdam, Javier Pedreira
(Wicho) wrote:

> Steve Wozniak said on 19/5/2003:
>
>> Well, I have some answers to the question about how to copy the
>> music from one iPod to another. [...]
>
> I know I'm late to this thread, but from today's edition of Macintouch:

<snip/>

> I don't really know if "cloning and iPod" really does what Steve
> wants to do and I don't own an iPod -yet- to check, but I'd give it a
> try.

And if you're really really adventurous, then you could always power-up
terminal.app and use the unix command 'dd' which lets you make a bit
exact copy. I haven't used in since I switched, but I recall typing
things like:
cat /Volumes/IPod1 | dd > /Volumes/IPod2, although that was on linux.
You might have to dig even deeper than that and find the actual device
names of the iPods.

While I'm almost sure that this won't help anyone out here on the list,
I still hope that it does. (And if I had more time and a second iPod of
similar size, I would try it.)

Regards,

Arjan Bos

ps please tell me when this kind of advice isn't wanted.

-- Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a sick mind -- (Terry
Pratchett)