the new books

Da Pen macstonelson at yahoo.com
Wed May 21 19:15:57 PDT 2003

Greetings again!

Thanks to all who have responded to my request for
thoughts on the upgrade from a ti-book to al-book for
my girlfriend - and my quantum leap from duo to
al-book.

About the hacks for OS9: does this work well, or is it
too much of a pain to make it work?  I'd like to avoid
upgrade $$$ for software wherever possible.

What are the biggest troubles with the OSX?  Since
I've been in OS 8.1 for years now, I've not followed
issues with OSX.  Of course, this will be a learning
curve (fairly steep, so I assume.)  I don't expect a
total rundown of every OSX bug but what should I be
aware of upfront when I first get to using it?

Will someone who has made the switch from a ti-book to
an al-book tell me their opinion of any "quality"
differences they see in the hardware?  My girlfriend
had quality probs with her ti-book and I'd like to
reassure her it is a good move to spend the money.

Thanks to all, Cheers! Dave