Upgrading Hard Drive in Big Al

Photios Dumont photios at dumonts.org
Thu May 22 08:03:24 PDT 2003

Has anyone found a web page describing the take apart process of the 17"
Powerbook in order to gain access to the hard drive? I'd like to swap out my
60G with an 80G. I know that I can use an external drive via firewire, but,
I want the 80 to be internal. I also know that Apple says it will void my
warranty, but I think this is nonsense. I've always upgraded my hard drive
in all my powerbooks, and even an ibook. The ibook was a tough mod to make
because you had to avoid breaking the plastic case, while prying it off.
Anyway, if someone knows how to do it, that would be great too!  It appears
you just need to remove all the little screws around the sides of the
computer, though there may be some precautions to take into account (like
voiding the warranty - I know, I know!)  :-)

Thanks,

Photios