[Ti] Airport alternative?

rob morris rob.morris at earthlink.net
Thu May 22 09:39:16 PDT 2003

On 5/21/03 11:10 PM, "Matthew Fosberg" <mattman at gci.net> wrote:

> On Wednesday, May 21, 2003, at 04:12  PM, Michael Bigley wrote:
>
>> Dial an unused frequency on your car stereo's FM dial, then dial the
>> TransPod's built-in FM Transmitter to match that frequency. Low,
>> Medium and High FM transmission settings provide the full FM spectrum
>> to choose from.
>> LED indicators show charger and FM transmitter status. Two charger
>> sticks and a dash mount options included in kit, giving you the
>> flexibility to position iPod where you want it. Supports original iPod
>> with Firewire port.
>>
>> Has anyone any experience with this?
>
> I use one of those almost every day. I must say that it is very cool.
> The only disadvantage would be that you can really ONLY use it in the
> car, but that's all I need it for.
>
> Matt Fosberg

I like my iTrip from Griffin. Finally received it last week, uses power from
the iPod, no batteries, works great in the car, at home, etc.  Will work on
any FM frequency.  The current model supports the original iPod, but a
revised model is in the works they say on their web site.
Will work on any FM frequency.

Rob