[Ti] Pismo on X

Paul N. Reid pnreid at cox.net
Fri May 23 13:03:43 PDT 2003

On 05/23/2003 15:43, "Nathan Rugroden" <tipbg4 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hey
>
> I just recently purchased a powerbook g3 pismo (500mhz of course...) for my
> sister who is starting college this fall. She is going to be far from home
> (about 6-700 miles) so I chose the pismo for its durability factor, as
> opposed to a matching Powerbook G4 to mine. I want to upgrade it to jaguar
> to make it as user friendly as possibe (since I cant be right there to help
> her set it up on their network) My question is, does anyone know of any
> snags that i might run into while doing this? Or any possible problems that
> I should watch out for? Any help would be apreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Nate

Hey Nate, I have been running OS X simultaneously on my old 400MHz Lombard
and my second gen. Ti-book since the beta release OS X, and I can tell you
that I have never had a problem on the Lombard that I did not have on the
Ti-G4, and all of the problems I *Have* had were always done away with
bug-fixing later releases. (and I have used the Lombard much more than I
have the Ti-G4 - specifically for the reason that you indicated, which is
that it seems to be more durable (and being an ex-service technician, much
easier and less expensive to repair!!!

I wouldn't expect you to have any problems putting X on your daughter's
Pizmo!

ShrinkMan
Paul N. Reid, M.S.
AASP Certified Systems Technician
Point of No Return Productions
pnreid at cox.net

Woody: "Hey Norm, want a beer?"
Norm:  "Yeah, woody.  As long as you stop me at one...
                    ... Well, now that I think about it, make that
                        one-thirty!"

Cheers