[Ti] Souping up a G4/667

Sam Hotchkiss ti at zlit.net
Sun May 25 17:41:16 PDT 2003

On 5/25/03 6:23 PM, "John Roche" <jbr23 at drexel.edu> wrote:

> I was just wondering if there is any way to upgrade the speed of a
> Powerbook G4/667.  Whether by overclocking, or if there's some sort of
> upgrade in the works, does anybody have any info?

http://www.voelker.com/

These guys seem to be the ballsy-est out there when it comes to overclocking
tibooks, but it doesn't look like they have anything, not surprising, since
the 667 was the fastest of it's gen (at least the 550/667 gen), the hardware
is probably sunning at its max...

>Please respond ASAP.

<rant>
I don't know how anyone else feels-- but I personally see it as being rude
to ask the other listas to "respond ASAP".  We are a group of people here,
willing to help you, with no compensation, and I can't truly see this as
being an urgent request-- I can't imagine that you have some immediate need
for a faster 'book-- if you do, you can get one through a number of
channels... Ebay, apple store, small dog, etc, etc, etc!
</rant>

--
Samuel W. Hotchkiss
President, Contractor Services, LLC.
hotch at zlit.net

Laptop History: PB 145, PB 520c, PB 3400c, 400mhz Pismo, 400mhz TiBook,
667mhz TiBook (rev b), 1ghz TiBook