[Ti] Black Lines in Display

Ron Owens owensron at earthlink.net
Mon May 26 12:13:00 PDT 2003

I took my Powerbook into an Apple Store.  The "genius" told me that it would
be $1400 to get it repaired (he called it a tier 4 repair).  This motivated
me to get inside the computer myself.  I reset the little connectors that
connect the display to the motherboard, and the problem has disappeared!
I've been working on the machine for several hours.  My fingers are crossed.

I thought of this trick because I used to work on Apple II computers years
and years ago.  I'd say 90% of the problems we had with those machines were
fixed by resetting memory chips, connectors, and such.