[Ti] List content Was: Apple's Future

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Tue May 27 02:00:37 PDT 2003

tisdagen den 27 maj 2003 kl 00.50 skrev NaegeleWDC at aol.com:
> I would hope that this list would be concerned with (1) solving our
> Mac-related problems; (2) disseminating useful information about our
> products and future products; and (3) providing all of us with
> information about Apple's future because that bears directly on our
> decisions to buy Apple products or not.

Sorry but neither you nor I have the right to single-handedly change
the aim of this list. Using the link available in every message clearly
states:

"Titanium G4 is a place to discuss the issues that relate to buying,
using, maintaining, and troubleshooting Apple's new G4 PowerBook."

It has been agreed among the listmembers to include the Al-books in
this but all other drifting subject is clearly Off Topic even if many
of us gladly accept that, when kept short and at least about Mac.

In another message Tim also quotet and wrote:

> Steve Wozniak <steve at woz.org> writes: "General Macintosh issues are
> the subject of other lists."
>
> If that was true, approximately fifty percent of the comments would be
> eliminated from this list.

And so ´jolly well´ it should have been! :-)

> Hopefully when postings of articles and links are made to this list,
> there will be thoughtful, substantive comments about the content of
> such articles.  I thank those who have provided such comments off-line
> and otherwise.

I think that thoose providing you comment off-line might have done so
because they feel it is an Off Topic subject.

I sincerly hope that their will be _no_ substantive comments about such
articles on this list. I don't mind you sending a link but discussions
about this belongs to other lists. If you do insist please mark [OT].

In yet another message Wendy Austin commented:

> I found this article to be much more on topic than the recent spate of
> messages about shopping preferences and even earlier ones about what
> type of petrol wasting cars some people drive.

I agree, but two or even three wrongs doesn't make one right. It is
because the list content has been drifting so very badly that we now
are happy that we at least coming closer to the subject. :-)

Will end this letter with a note that apart from this Apple_Future
subject, I have appreciated the last few days clearly more on the line
content of the list. Thank you. :-)

Lisbeth in Gothenburg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum> updat gardens 030418
<http://www.got-a-mac.org> medlemssida för Got-a-Mac (Mug in Gothenburg)