[Ti] Jumpy mouse pointer

Greg Markle MarkleG at kleerdex.com
Tue May 27 08:46:02 PDT 2003

While I would agree that surface gloss is probably your issue here the woodgrain finish might compound the problem.  You can tell if the grain is an issue because it will USUALLY only effect an optical mouse in one axis of motion (either across the grain or with the grain) depending on the programming of the mouse (although I haven't really noticed these issues with newer optical mice.)  If the maple laminate is anything like the maple laminate we make here where I work (we laminate it to high impact plastic which is then laminated to various wood products to make furniture) the gloss is probably pretty high which would definately cause problems.