Strange...

Murray Kastner murrayka at mac.com
Tue May 27 08:56:16 PDT 2003

I am a litle leery posting this and I hope I haven't offended anyone
with my rather simplistic problem. Probably somehting really simple.

My Ti G4/400 (768 RAM; 45Gb HD) has gone wierd on me. Usually when I
click on a file, the Ti finds he application itself and opens it,
i.e. stuffit.

Now it won't even open .pdf files unless I drag-and-drop the file
right on the app icon. Same with disk copy; useta click on a .dmg
file and away she goes. Now I have to drag and drop right onto the
icon for Disk Copy.

I have run Disk Warrior 3 several times, verified and repaired
privileges and permissions. What do I try next, other than backing up
everything and reinstalling?

I might add that DragThing has become useless as the icons I had
there are all corrupted.

Any ideas appreciated...

--
Best regards,

Murray
mailto:murrayka at mac.com

'The surest sign that there is intelligent life elsewhere in the
universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.'

Calvin and Hobbes