[Ti] Apple's Future

Kynan Shook kshook at mac.com
Tue May 27 16:23:56 PDT 2003

Well, about 99% of the time that I encounter a problem that could be
caused by RAM in the shop I work at, any Apple RAM installed is good.
However, it can go bad; whether by failure over time, or caused by a
surge or something similar–even though problems from surges often don't
show up for months or years.
And of course, problems that can be related to RAM probably account for
at least half or two thirds of all repairs; many of them turn out to be
something else (and are often more likely to be something besides RAM),
but RAM can seriously cause just about any problem.

If you have multiple sticks of RAM, try removing one and then the other
and see if any of your problems go away; this applies to anybody that
is having a lot of crashing, especially if it happens in random
applications at random times and is not easily reproducible.

cbirds <cbirds at earthlink.net> writes:
> The ram is from Apple, was ordered with the machine so it should be OK?

Kynan Shook
kshook at mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/kshook/index.html