[Ti] OT: Funniest Windows user rave in years

Mike Stanley macguy at guarded-inn.com
Wed May 28 05:50:09 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, May 28, 2003, at 02:24 AM, Michael Bigley wrote:

> Steve Jobs' arrogance is charismatic and he was able to pull off deals
> with the big 5 labels.

> Bill Gates' arrogance is offensive and I doubt he get get a record
> exec to return his phone calls after he tried to order them to change
> the way they did business so Microsoft could develop proprietary
> hardware and software to produce all forms of music and eventually the
> record labels would have to pay M$ fees to produce music.

Arrogance is offensive no matter who it comes from.  Steve Job's
arrogance is why OS X shipped without CD burning capabilities, for
instance.

And something tells me that when Bill Gates decides to offer a service
like this to the other 95% of the market in the way Apple is offering
it to us, it'll happen.  The only question is - will it happen before
Apple offers it to Windows users and make Apple's offering irrelevant
on the Windows side of things.