[Ti] Taking a US computer to Europe

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Wed May 28 22:32:07 PDT 2003

I've been vaguely reading this thread, wondering why no one has
mentioned WorldText, which came on OS9.2 install CDs for at
least some time, and in Apps>Extras of Apple Developer Tools
(OSX) mid(?)2002.  Maybe I missed something which makes WT
irrelevant to the current issue.....

>From the "About WorldText" file on an OS9.2 install CD:
-----begin copy------
To install WorldText, drag the WorldText icon to your desktop. To
install WorldText Help, double-click the Installer icon.

WorldText is a simple word processor with limited formatting features.
However, it provides some features not included with SimpleText,
particularly Unicode support. With WorldText you can create and save
large documents, and open documents created with other word-processing
programs. WorldText is compatible only with Mac OS 9.1 or later.
 . . .
WorldText also enables you to work easily with multilingual documents
that use Unicode, the worldwide character encoding standard. Unicode
gives you access to many languages, and to more characters for languages
you use now. Here are some examples of characters that can only be
accessed through Unicode:
 . . .
For more information on Unicode, see Using Unicode in Mac Help, and the
Unicode folder in CD Extras on your Mac OS CD. You can add support for
more languages to Mac OS by installing one or more Language Kits; for
further information on this, see Installing and removing languages in
Mac Help.

WorldText documents can contain graphics files, video clips, and sound
files.
------end copy------