[Ti] Carbon Cloner

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Thu May 29 08:11:10 PDT 2003

At 3:36 PM +0300 5/29/03, S. Moussly wrote:
>I currently have 3 partitions on my hard drive (OS X, OS 9, and Data
>partition). The data partition contains a "Carbon Copy" of my OS X
>partition using Carbon Cloner.
>
>I moved all my data partition to my OS X partition.

But can the Carbon Copy just be copied?  I did not think so.  I feel
that you will have to make a new Carbon Copy on your new data
partition.

>Now I can erase the partition through OS 9. But I am a bit worried that
>I'll end up with having problems with my OS X. Will erasing the clone
>cause any problems?

As Paul suggested, you can erase by vbooting with the Install CD.  Or
you could do it from OS9.
I do not see how either could affect OS X.

>To be safe, is there a way you can find the
>location in where the application is running from in the process viewer?

There are two ways I look at WHICH processes are running: either from
Terminal, using the command "top -d" which shows which processes are
running and using what % of CPU; or I use Nicer.  Whilst this is
primarily designed to enable you to change process priorities, it is
also useful for getting the complete list of processes that are
runnig on your CPU.
Fidning WHERE they are is perhaps another question, which a more
technical person might like to answer...!

regards,  Trevor