[Ti] Source for Matschita CW-8121 or CW-8122?

David Grieve dgrieve at cfl.rr.com
Sat May 31 06:04:08 PDT 2003

I bought a bare combo drive from Other World Computing to replace the
original CD/DVD player. About $250 US. Installed it myself in  TiPB 500.
Works great, burns like a champ. Not hard but you need to go very slowly
and carefully.  The drive is not bolted in at all, held in by
compression of the bottom plate.  OWC didn't pack the drive very well
and the  frame got a bit bent but they have very good instructions on
their web site and I was able to make it work. If you want more info
contact me off list  I now have a spare CD/DVD drive if anyone needs one..
Dave G