[Ti] Apple Store - new iPods

rob morris rob.morris at earthlink.net
Sat May 31 10:47:55 PDT 2003

On 31.5.2003 11:32, "Loren Schooley" <loren at flash.net> wrote:
> I had pre-ordered the iTrip last fall, and I now have it on my iPod20. My
> opinion, I don't care for it. It unplugs too easily. I had to cut the holder
> off with a Leatherman (the piece that is inserted into the FW port fit like
> cludge). It now fits better with the plastic peice filed off, but the unit
> still sits slightly askew. Once you synch a station, the unit pops up enough
> out of socket, especially if you have a case on, to interrupt the FM signal.
> *grrr* The signal itself is ~okay~, though. What I am saying is that the
> iTrip is not one of those hands off works for you gizmos, you always have to
> jack around with it. I still use the cassette adapter.

Loren, I would call them.  Mine does not do that at all..it fits fine.  They
did tell me that it would be better to trim the cover off of the FW port..I
I not want to do that, but I have had to either.  Mine stays put.  When they
were testing the iTrip, I know that this was an issue, but they resolved it
with the final versions supposedly. So I would send them a mail or call.
Cheers
FRED