[Ti] Panther FireWire debacle

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Sun Nov 2 07:34:30 PST 2003

At 6:27 AM -0800 11/2/03, Robert Ameeti wrote:

> >http://www.macobserver.com/editorial/2003/10/28.1.shtml
>
>My only comments on the above article was that it was wrong on many aspects of the Panther environment. The writer was looking for an article to write regardless of his intimacy of knowledge of the subject at hand.

That article is predicated on the article about the spacial finder, the second URL that Justin presented. In order to comment you should read this one first, in lengthy detail. It really explains why the Finder, from day one, was so good and what higher level thoughts led to it.

Now not all of us may be strangely spacially oriented. I myself am so. I want things in my own standard locations with their own appearance. This is like the efficient secretary that can be brought to a stop if the janitor rearranges things in her desk. It's the 'difference' that the Macintosh was about from the start. It's certainly the preferred mode of operation for 'the rest of us'. Some experts work fine with column mode exclusively, or even command lines, and for them the spacial finder is of lesser importance. But even in that case, a lot of us don't let others rearrange our windows for us.

<http://www.arstechnica.com/paedia/f/finder/finder-1.html>
--

Regards,

Steve  (is tv wake zone?)