[Ti] [OT] Re: [Ti] Panther Firewire debacle

Melinda Stamp mstamp at chartermi.net
Sun Nov 2 10:09:06 PST 2003

On Nov 1, 2003, at 6:42 PM, Tarik Bilgin wrote:

> *I don't like how the part of the icon in column view mode you need to
> click on is the icon itself and NOT the text. You click the text to
> rename files, but as my icons are small on my Ti screen i often click
> the text by mistake and end up in "rename hell".
I hated that too, but they fixed it in Panther -- what a relief.

And here's something I love about Panther -- they brought back the
command-up or down arrow for navigating in the both column view and
list view, one of the few things I really missed about OS9.

They new open and save dialogs are a relief.  The new sidebar does a
good job of replacing "Favorites" but I do miss "Recent" -- anybody
have any tips for accessing recent folders in the sidebar?

My experience with Panther has been all good so far.  My 667 Ti feels
much snappier and I rarely see the spinning beachball anymore.  I was a
first-day adopter (clean install), but only because I have two
computers and I can try out a new operating system on the TiBook while
I get important work done on the G4 desktop.  Can't wait to get the
time to do a proper Panther install on the desktop!

-----
Melinda Stamp
WNMU-TV
Marquette, Michigan USA