[Ti] Flawed power adapters

Justin R. Miller incanus at codesorcery.net
Sun Nov 2 20:36:25 PST 2003

On Nov 2, 2003, at 12:46 PM, John wrote:

> Where I think Apple could have done better, would have been to make
> the thin cord removable. This way, when the cord wore out, one could
> just replace that. But, since I am not an engineer (yet...), I am not
> too sure if that would have caused less problems.

I am now on my third cord on my just-over-a-year-old PowerBook.  I got
the newer, 65W, grounded one, which is thicker.  Thus far, I haven't
even unwound it -- I'm using it exclusively with the thick A/C cord so
as to reduce wear and tear on the block cord itself.  Winding and
unwinding several times a day, everyday takes its toll, so I'm being
extra cautious this time around (and since it's on my dime...)

--
Justin R. Miller
incanus at codesorcery.net
PGP key at http://codesorcery.net/pubkey.html