PowerBook fans (cooling devices, not aficionados)

Brian J.Sletten bsletten at nova.org
Tue Nov 4 12:29:19 PST 2003

I have a Rev. B 667MHz Ti that has had a dying fan for a while. It not
only makes the characteristically embarrassing noise when it activates
properly, it has alternatively been sounding like a dying duck, a hip
hop bass line or a NASCAR ride with engine problems.

Does anyone have any advice on replacing the fan? How difficult is it?
Any recommendations of vendors in the Washington, D.C. area? I'd rather
not have to send the machine anywhere but it is getting to the point
where I have to do something about it. I'm willing to do it myself if
it isn't too exotic of a procedure.

Thanks in advance,

Brian