[Ti] [Ti]DVD out on ibook?

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Thu Nov 6 18:46:57 PST 2003

Better take a look at KB88396, which is about the different
adapters for different models of iceBook.  I do not know if
this applicable to the new G4 iBooks, but the modification date
of this KB article is 10/22/2003.  It has useful links to
further info on this topic, too.

To have both video and audio play on my TV, I use the special
video adapter (little boxes at each end) with S-video from it
to the TV for video, and the adapter for the earlier iceBook
(triple jack cable) from the iceBook sound-out port to the
TV red and white sound-in ports (and not using the yellow video
jack on this earlier adapter) for my summer 2002 16VRAM 12" iceBook.

Be sure the resolution is set appropriately for the TV.  And the
1st time I tried it, I had to reset the PRAM (at AppleCare's
suggestion) to get the resolution choices to show up correctly
(was the original OS 10.1.4, FWIW).

 . . .