[Ti] screen marks

Jerry Krinock dearjerry at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 7 12:34:27 PST 2003

on 03/11/07 12:44, Tamara Buffalo at macgal44 at mac.com wrote:

> Have been trying to remember to put a piece of paper on my keyboard
> when I close it but have not being doing it lately. Now I have marks on
> my screen.  I am running out to get a piece of felt ( too linty?) or
> something to use to protect my screen.
>
> What have you guys been using and is there anyway to remove or repair
> the marks?  They look like indentations.  Will they fade if I use a
> cover for the keyboard faithfully?

I believe that the marks are indentations as you do, or possibly due to the
matte finish being polished smooth by the raised edges of the keys and
trackpad.  These marks are permanent.  There is no way to remove them.

Use your paper or felt from now on.  To keep your mind from getting
depressed, try to forget about them, and do not look at your screen when
your powerbook is off.  The marks are only visible when the screen is dark.
You cannot see them when the powerbook is operating.