OT: Need internet...

Benn joverkamp at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 7 22:40:36 PST 2003

I live at the olympic training center.  There is no internet hookup in
the dorms here.  Also, it is not possible for cable or DSL to be routed
into the center because of various reasons...

Earthlink has had a connection with my home's cable provider (charter)
for as long as we've been using it.  As part of our cable connection,
we were allowed nation wide dial up internet access.  For the past 2+
years I've been here, that's what I've been using.  Charter and
Earthlink's agreement is up though--no more earthlink.
Now, I guess I could get another dial-up service; I could take
advantage of an earthlink deal right now to get dial-up for half price
for the next 6 months.  However, dial-up's only appeal over the last
few years was that it was free.  So, I'm very curious about (low cost)
options to get some kind of broadband in here.  With cable and DSL out
of the question, what are other options for have unlimited access to
the web with some speed behind it?  I'd especially like to be able to
still use airport.

I thought this might be a good place to ask since we're mobile users...

Thank you,
Benn