[Ti] [OT] My Panther Comments

Pedro Vera pedro at veraperez.com
Tue Nov 11 05:53:32 PST 2003

1. The Exposé tiled view within one app (F10) is becoming critical to
my peace of mind. I am always work on a dozen files at the same time
and the tiled view makes more sense than hitting 'command `' many times
to cycle between all the opened documents.
2. The new Finder is not perfect but little by little I am starting to
get used to it. I am also grateful that clicking by accident on a
network alias that is not available will no longer crash the finder. It
will try to connect for a minute or so and then will report the network
volume is not available.

I already sold 3 Windows users into buying macs in this last week
alone. The first of these macs, a 14" iBook G4, is arriving at my
friend's house this Friday because of the holiday. Once his is up and
running I am positive we can tag team and convert another 3-6 people
from our group. The poor guy is freaking out and keeps asking me stuff
thinking I am going to say "sorry, macs can't do that."

This is what our last irc conversation looked like:

Alec: will the iBook ship with ftp software?
Pedro: you got some options:
Pedro: 1) mount the ftp server as a network drive from the finder
Pedro: 2) ftp from the terminal
Pedro: 3) get rbrowselite (free)
Alec: oh
Pedro: I am not done
Pedro: if your host has ssh and sFTP, then get Fugu (also free)

Every time he asks me something like that, the mac ships with one or
two things to do it and there are two more available for free.

Pedro
-
http://pedrovera.com
(public GPG/PGP key available at http://pedrovera.com/public.asc)