[Ti] ipod for emergency repairs?

gkar at mac gkar at mac.com
Wed Nov 12 14:13:11 PST 2003

On 11/12/03 5:01 PM, "Robert Nicholson" <robert at elastica.com> wrote:

> Does anybody know if Panther can be installed from CD onto an ipod? Or
> does the existing install have to cloned across?
>
> Also, for those folks who use an ipod for emergencies do you have OS 9
> or OSX installed on it? My PB will boot from OS9.

An iPod is simply a firewire drive. Assuming your computer can boot from a
firewire drive then your computer can boot up from it in OS 9 or OS X. My 20
gig drive contains an OS X install as well as my data and a small set of
crucial applications.

david

One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them
One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

gkar at mac.com