[Ti] ipod for emergency repairs?

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Sat Nov 15 05:40:18 PST 2003

>But it does install on the iPod. I did it without Carbon Copy Cloner.
>
>Milton

The first release of Jaguar would hang on Disk 2 of the install disks. I asked Chris Breen, author of the book 'Secrets of the iPod' for a suggestion and he replied in a Macworld column in late 2002 that I could do it via CCC. A later release of Jaguar did recognize the iPod.

My point is that we can not expect the iPod to naturally work correctly or safely as Apple may do special things in the installer, or during actual use, that may cause failure when using the iPod as an external disk.

--
Robert Ameeti

There is worse than to have not succeded.  Not to have tried.