[Ti] 667 overheating?

Glenn L. Austin glenn at austin-home.com
Sat Nov 15 11:02:26 PST 2003

on 11/15/03 10:36 AM, Jesse Proudman at j.list at blueboxdev.com wrote:

> On Nov 15, 2003, at 6:10 AM, Jerry Krinock wrote:
>
>> on 03/11/15 00:15, Jesse Proudman at j.list at blueboxdev.com wrote:
>>
>>> Since last night, my computer has randomly started going to sleep.
>>> It's primarily when I'm working in bed for extended periods of time.
>>> If I bring it out of sleep without letting it sit, it goes back to
>>> sleep or freezes.  I'm guessing it's overheating.
>>
>> Why?  Does it feel hot?  Is the fan running?
>
> Yes, it's hot and the fan is running, though not always full speed.
>
>>> Any ideas on how to
>>> prevent this, why it's doing it only with Panther (Never did this with
>>> Jaguar) and how I can monitor the temp?
>>
>> Have you tried a restart?
>
> When it ends up crashing I restart...  It's crashing MUCH more with
> Panther... Though just in the last 2 days and just when I'm in bed and
> it's hot.

I run with a CoolPad podium *all* the time.  I've noticed that when the
computer "sinks in" to the bed that it will run hot.

However, if it is crashing, it may be that you have a part that works
correctly when it is cool, but malfunctioning when it gets hot.  That was
actually pretty common for semiconductors to do that -- when I used to
design and develop hardware (I do software now) we used to use those spray
duster cans turned upside down to cool off different parts until the
computer would start working again.

--
Glenn L. Austin <><
Computer Wizard and Race Car Driver