Stolen Aussie TiBook

Les Posen lesposen at optushome.com.au
Sat Nov 15 15:27:26 PST 2003

Hi all,

On the eve of my departure for a US conference, my home here in
Melbourne Australia was burgled.

My PB/800 (purchased July 2002), recently upgraded to Panther was one
of the prized items taken in a quick hit and run.

Panther's iDisk has backed up a lot of the day's work automatically
(phew - $100 very well spent), but the inconvenience factor is
enormous, as passport and ID was also taken, as well as an STM backpack
in red (like this one
http://www.standardtm.com.au/backpacks_sports.cfm)

I didn't have Filevault running, out of apprehension more than
laziness, but did have a "dummie" account to use with fast user
switching, so my name appears in the top right hand menu corner.

They new owner will have to either crack my password or wipe the disk
clean - it is partitioned in 5 parts, so they will have to know what
they are doing. I would, in the event of it not being returned intact,
prefer to think all the data has been wiped clean.

Naturally, all internet banking and other password-protected sites,
including email has been changed, and I am trying to do a Timbuktu-type
recovery should a user log on. There is no autodial since I was on
cable.

Anyway, for Aussie owners, please keep an eye out for it. It is fairly
clean, except for some paint chips on the hinges.

Serial: QT2260NYLP1

Les
(no one ANYWHERE has 15" Albooks for immediate sale - 2-3 week wait.)