Weird buzzing...

John simplymail at ururk.com
Sun Nov 16 14:15:39 PST 2003

550mhz Ti

Depending on the occasion - in this case mail.app in Panther ONLY WHEN
I am connected to the internet (via the modem, should see what it is
like over ethernet) - I hear a buzzing from the upper right-hand part
of my keyboard (near the power button).

This has happened before in Jaguar when I looked at scrolling "About
this app" screens (I think iTunes and Quicktime).

Otherwise, I don't hear this buzz.

Any ideas? I would assume it was the LCD inverter, but it happens only
when a specific "even" happens - not all the time.

Thanks!

John Pariseau

PS - if I needed to replace it, how much do they run? I know IBM
carries said part for Thinkpads, as I paid 42 for one from them a while
back.