[Ti] Mail Problems. An Account That Won't Go Online

Pedro Vera pedro at veraperez.com
Mon Nov 17 10:52:31 PST 2003

I have had that happen to me with the server being available. For
example:

freeBSD sever running sendmail and popper. The hosting company switched
DNS and forgot to tell me so I could update resolv.conf

The result?

1. The web server ran fine.
2. Web-mail ran fine.
3. Popper would not allow a connection.
4. Sendmail would not deliver.

It drove me crazy because the only error I got in mail.app was that the
server was not available :-(

It also took the host 6 hours to answer my email, so I ditched them
over the weekend.

Have you tried to delete the account and make a fresh one, then see
what happens?

Pedro
Pedro
-