[Ti] Apps are Unexpectedly Quitting ...

Chris Olson chris at astcomm.net
Tue Nov 18 10:36:23 PST 2003

On Nov 18, 2003, at 9:47 AM, Bryan Forbes wrote:

> I have a colleague with a TiBook (around 500 mghtz) running OS X
> 10.1.5.  (I know, I know ... he will be upgrading shortly to 10.3.1 -
> that may help solve this problem.
>
> He has these applications "unexpectedly quitting" (Entourage, Internet
> Explorer).  Is there an equivalent of a preference file in OS X,
> similar to the prefs file in OS 9?  If not is there some
> troubleshooting measures I can take to get these applications from
> quitting on him.

Unexpectedly quitting is nice terminology for "this program crashed".
The program should've created a crash log and you can view the dump
trace in the crash log to see what happened.  Go to
/Applications/Utilities and open your Console program.  Click on the
Logs button.  You'll find the crash logs in the tree view in the left
pane.
--
Chris