[Ti] Beginner OS/X Text

Daniel T Kegan daniel at keganlaw.com
Tue Nov 25 19:37:49 PST 2003

I liked:
a) O'Reilly. Dave Taylor & Jerry Peek. Learning Unix for Mac OS X US$20
140pp
b) O'Reilly. Chuck Toporek. Mac OS X Pocket Reference US$13 115pp
moving from OS 9 to OS X.
Both small, thin, readable on train while commuting, etc,
and good, brief intro content for getting a framework and getting
started.
Mac OS X Missing Manual US$30 700+pp, while a good reference for some
things,
much heavier on the wrists, is a different animal, different purpose.

Daniel Kegan * daniel at keganlaw.com * Kegan & Kegan, Ltd.
Balanced Counsel for Smart Clients * www.keganlaw.com