New Guy

James Hall me at nine2000.com
Wed Nov 26 05:06:14 PST 2003

Morning all:

Just wanted to send a quick introduction, I won’t go on too long :)  I’m
James, I come from the iBook list.  I’m an ex-PC person that bought an
iBook in July of this year, a G3 600 dual USB model.

I’m happy to say that as of last night, that changed.  The iBook was
passed on to my wife (so that she has her own dedicated machine), and I
picked up a new 12” G4 PowerBook 1Ghz.  I got the stock config from my
local Apple Store, and picked up an Airport Extreme card and a printer
to go with it.  Installed the APX card just fine, but needed to update
the firmware on my wireless router (NetGear MR814v2) before they would
talk to each other.  No biggie. :)

I have two more planned purchases: memory - the iBook had 640 and felt
relatively snappy - I’m at 256 now, planning to put another 512 in
(eventually), and a good bag.  I’ve been lusting after the Waterfield
Designs bags ( http://www.sfbags.com ) and will probably end up
purchasing their small Cargo Suite Spot set.

Anyways, that’s enough of an introduction, now I’ll go into lurk mode
for a while. :)

As an addendum to this email, *as I was typing* my wireless connection
decided to go bonkers.  I can no longer get online from home!  Now that
I’m at work, I’ll try to send this... looks like I’m headed back to the
Apple Store tonight.

James