[Ti] Hey, what happened to the Trackpad tab?

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Wed Nov 26 06:55:31 PST 2003

Benn typed this message on 11/25/03 11:25 PM:

>>> According to the Help menu under Trackpad, I should be able to see a
>>> tab for it in the System Preferences>Keyboard & Mouse menu. No Dice,
>>> just mice.
>>> is something eluding me, or did I not install 10.3 correctly?? (I had
>>> a mouse installed when I updated, so maybe the Installer didn't think
>>> I needed a trackpad tab??)
>
> On Nov 25, 2003, at 6:48 PM, Brian G.Laughlin wrote:
>> It happens to me too!!!
>> PowerBook G4 DVI (667MHz) Mac OS X 10.3.1
>
> It's there for me, Powerbook 17" 10.3.1.  Tabs are in this order:
> Keyboard | Mouse | Bluetooth | Trackpad | Keyboard Shortcuts
> I apologize for not offering any help, but I thought I'd point out that
> it is there for me.

It is there for me too: Preferences/Keyboard & Mouse. I then have four tabs
across the top: Keyboard, Mouse, Trackpad and Keyboard Shortcuts. The
Trackpad panel has:

Tracking Speed,
Double-Click Speed

Also, Checkboxes for Using trackpad for:
Clicking,
Dragging,
Drag Lock,
Ignore accidental trackpad input and