[Ti] Be careful when sleeping your ti book.

Bill Reburn billreburn at shaw.ca
Wed Nov 26 15:44:17 PST 2003

Well, I guess everyone is trying to prevent you from running into the issue
in the first place.. But for the hell of it I tried it - turned on Password
required when waking from sleep - slept my book, waked it - up came the
password request - closed my lid.. Click click went the HD, then it went
back to sleep.

Tried the same thing with a usb device.. Slept the book, closed the lid and
pulled out my mouse usb connector. Woke up.. Click click.. Back to sleep.

Perhaps you need a re-install? You're on 10.3?

On 11/26/03 3:07 PM, "Robert Nicholson" <robert at elastica.com> wrote:

> Yes I am aware of this but that doesn't mean that the machine should
> not go back to sleep just because someone is being prompted for a
> password.
>
> On Nov 25, 2003, at 3:10 PM, S. Moussly wrote:
>
>> Why do you put the laptop to sleep then close the lid? closing the lid
>> automatically puts it to sleep.
>>
>> On 11/25/03 11:51 PM, "Robert Nicholson" <robert at elastica.com> paused,
>> thought it over, and wrote:
>>
>>> Today I did the following.
>>>
>>> Put the computer to sleep then close the computer's lid which
>>> subsequently awakes the computer. Normally this isn't a problem as it
>>> should go back to sleep however if you have password when awake from
>>> sleep it doesn't appear to sleep again
>>> until you've entered in your password. thus keeping power to your
>>> screen whilst
>>> it's closed. That is generally not a good thing.

Bill Reburn, MGDC MB Chapter