Report: Tibook compatible 60GB drive

Jim Soriano jsoriano at sumbeach.com
Thu Nov 27 07:45:19 PST 2003

Hi all:

Sorry for the belated posting -- a few months ago I asked for and
received advice from you all on HD upgrades for my TiPBG4-800 (it came
with a IBM Travelstar 40GB that had crashed hard...)

I purchased a 60GB Toshiba MK6022GAX (5400RPM, 16MB cache) from a
vendor on eBay and I'm very pleased with the results.  Although I could
not run empirical back-to-back tests between the Toshiba and the
Travelstar, the Toshiba seems to be as quiet.  When running OS 10.2.x,
the Toshiba seemed to provide faster system performance.  It was a
painless installation.

YMMV

Jim