[Ti] Cannot share internet connection

Justin R. Miller incanus at codesorcery.net
Thu Nov 27 21:12:39 PST 2003

On Nov 27, 2003, at 3:00 PM, Tom R. no spam wrote:

> Are you saying my Mac#1, when it is doing the Sharing Internet tab
> thing, is serving DHCP to my other Macs which are trying to connect
> to the internet through Mac#1 by airporting to Mac#1?  And that
> Mac#1 will try also to serve DHCP to other computers whose traffic
> Mac#1 sees going past its wired network interface?

If you are sharing your connection to other computers via Airport, then
I don't think that you'd conflict with your cable provider.  As far as
I'm aware, the DHCP sharing only happens on the interface that you are
offering up for share, and in this case, it sounds like your Airport.

--
Justin R. Miller
incanus at codesorcery.net
PGP key at http://codesorcery.net/pubkey.html