[Ti] 10.2.8 - finger pointing

Shawn King shawn at yourmaclife.com
Wed Oct 1 13:01:12 PDT 2003

On 10/1/03 2:36 PM, "Henry Kalir" <kalirhe at umdnj.edu> wrote:

>> I'm saying, regardless of proprietary anything, it's impossible for *any*
>> company to recreate every single *user* configuration and test for all the
>> possible issues involved.
>

> Shawn,
>
> Using this line of thought I would put it to you that if Apple, which
> controls both OS and the Hardware, is excused from testing every
> single *user* configuration...then MS, which only creates the OS, should
> also be excused and possibly commended for creating an OS which runs on so
> many MORE divergent machines and configurations.

And I have said exactly that.

With all the possible permutations of Windows based hardware and software,
it's nothing short of a miracle Windows works at all.

> PS - No, I'm not going to switch to Windows,

I would never wish that on anyone.

> I want Apple to take it's own
> advice and...Think Different(ly)...and do the right thing by all of it's
> loyal followers (that's US)!!

<sigh> Apple *is* doing all they can to fix this issue, believe me.

Shawn King
On this week's Your Mac Life -
Adobe & Daystar!
http://www.yourmaclife.com