Permissions and backups

Per Brodersen per.brodersen at berlin.de
Thu Oct 2 01:49:49 PDT 2003

Dear listers,

Recently, I had to restore all my data from my HD backup since something
with my OS X 10.2.6 got messed up.

While restoring, I experienced severe problems with file permissions.

My questions are:
Doesn't it suffice to backup as an admin?
Do I have to run the backup utility with "root"?
Or do I even have to activate the "root"-user in order to get all files back
and forth on my drives?

And last but not least - which permissions do I need to restore?

Thank you very much -

Per Brodersen

__
 "Just when I thought that bicycles no longer existed I saw a woman on one."
  - Michel Contat

Per Brodersen (Ph.D. Candidate, Heinrich Heine University Duesseldorf)
Winsstraße 16
10405 Berlin, Germany
per.brodersen>>[at]<<berlin.de
http://www.perbrodersen.de