[Ti] 10.2.8

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Fri Oct 3 04:44:41 PDT 2003

>Then I went home and bought the AppleCare, without any serial
>number being needed, for $30 less including overnight shipping,
>from MacConnection.

I'm not really a Cheerleader  (8^D) but I think in this case the
AppleStore was going to register the AppleCare for you, thus saving
you the trouble of going online or over the phone and doing it
yourself.  Probably not the big brother you think, as you can order
AppleCare from the AppleStore online without divulging your serial
number.  In order to make your AppleCare work, you will have to infom
Apple of the computer you are putting the warranty on by giving them
the serial number.

Pardon my asking, but in this air of the 10.2.8 Apple-bashing (where
is that official fix for powerbook batteries, anyway?), why is this
AppleCare issue a big deal?  Glad you got a good deal.  Smalldog
Electronics normally has good deals on AppleCare, too.

Peter
--
A little computer haiku:
I can't remember

This message sent with Eudora 6 on Mac OS X 10.2.8