[Ti] 10.2.8

Tarik tarik at opalblue.com
Fri Oct 3 05:39:30 PDT 2003

On Friday, October 3, 2003, at 02:59  am, Henry Kalir wrote:

> John,
>
> NO, you are NOT the only one who thinks Apple is responsible.

Hi ti-listers,

I don't want to get too involved in this long thread other than to
offer the reality that software companies sell software that is rarely
perfect. In fact, the further you go away from mission critical systems
like defence and banking, and closer to "consumer" systems, the more
imperfect the systems are.

This may sound frightening to a lowly user who just wants to "get on
with their work", but everyone needs to to start thinking in terms of
risk and risk management, if they want to keep their sanity.

If a salesman came to your door offering a brand new lock that they
would install for nothing that had significant technical advantages,
would you sign up?

I would probably wait to see if other people in the neighborhood were
signing up, and if they were having problems or not, before I made the
decision.

Sometimes its fun (or necessary) to be an early adopter, but please
remember, YOU are in control of your system. You authorise software
updates and everything else that requires Administrator passwords to
happen on your Powerbook.

good luck,

Tarik