[Ti] Os9 cursor is rebounding

cbirds cbirds at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 4 08:28:16 PDT 2003

On Saturday, October 4, 2003, at 05:25  AM, Simon Chapman wrote:

> Diagnostics report that her drive is error-free and the system is
> cleanly
> reinstalled. However, one other oddity may be a clue. Sometimes when
> booting up, the spinning cursor displays not as the Os9 black&white
> beachball but as the OsX multi-coloured pizza. How can that be? OsX was
> previously installed on her PB but has been dumped. Does it leave its
> cursor behind in a secret place?

Are you sure you got rid of ALL X files? The only way to do that would
be wipe the drive and start over. I have had many problems with
client's machines that had the 10.1 on it when they only wanted 9,
eventually I had to wipe the machine because those otherfiles were
causing so much trouble even though they remained unused.