[Ti] AOL only does HTML

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Wed Oct 8 07:55:24 PDT 2003

>It took me three months ( and $60) before I could get through and
>cancel, and that took a half hour answering all the mucking
>questions and processing it took.
>
>arrrggghh I hate AOL ....
>
>>  >PS: This list doesn't accept email sent directly from AOL for
>>OSX. What gives? I have to use a web browser and send from AOL's
>>website. I can't seem to figure out how to get AOL to send "text
>>only".
>>
>>LOL.  Yep, AOL being state of the art and all, they only do HTML
>>now. No more plain text for you.

Yet another reason why AOL loses billions of dollars and marketshare
continues to fall... this is wreaking havoc for list managers. AOL
users also cannot use the auto subscribe and unsubscribe of many
maillist apps because they reject non-text messages, for anti-spam
and performance reasons.

Not only are they out of touch with their users needs, they spit on
the rest of the internet service provider community.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com