[Ti] What an ordeal

cbirds cbirds at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 8 14:06:33 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, October 8, 2003, at 04:56  PM, mac2 mail wrote:

> It is my understanding that on new mac's you can not boot OS 9, you
> can only bring it up as classic.  On one of these systems, what are
> the OS9/classic install procedures for these systems.

I have one that you can not boot with a 9 CD but 9 is installed from a
disk img that you do AFTER you install X. There is no way you can get 9
on here first...because no CD will boot it, nor will it boot even AFTER
that.
If the machine won't run 9 at all, it's not gonna be there at all.

> And to stay with this thread, prior to this, I would also always
> install 9 first, then install OS X.

I assumed that person had an older model which already had this setup
so I guess he just forgot to install the 9 drivers.