[Ti] Panther release date announced!

gkar at mac gkar at mac.com
Thu Oct 9 06:38:37 PDT 2003

On 10/9/03 9:27 AM, "Barry Lyden" <blyden at mac.com> wrote:

> The reason for my continued interest in this is because I bought my new
> Powerbook on Sep 16 - just a few weeks outside of Apple's "line in the
> sand" for the $19.95 upgrade. I believe that they should at the very
> least offer a pro-rated price going back at least 30 days, if not 60 or
> 90. Oct 8 to Oct 24 seems too narrow a window.

Just for the fun of it, head over to the Apple up to date page and try to
apply for the upgrade. Of course, even if you pass that hurdle you might
wind up being rejected, but it is worth a try.

I just don't see how Apple can justify giving a free ride to all G5 owners
regardless of when they bought and then cut off those of us who have bought
new PowerBooks since they were announced about 2 weeks ago.

david

One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them
One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

gkar at mac.com